1 a state of disequilibrium (as may occur in cases of inner ear disease) [syn: instability, unbalance] [ant: balance]
- The property of not being in balance.
- The growing imbalances between the rich and poor first lead to more crime.
- Czech: nerovnováha
- Finnish: epätasapaino
- Italian: scompenso
- Balance (ability), an ability to maintain balance (see Equilibrioception below).
- Balance (accounting)
- Balance (metaphysics), a desirable point between two or more opposite forces.
- Balance of stereophonic sound.
- Balance beam, a piece of gymnastics apparatus.
- Balance board, a piece of training equipment.
- Balance disorder, the medical description of disordered balance.
- Balance scale, a device to measure the mass of an object.
- Balance wheel, a watch component.
- Engine balance
- Game balance, a concept in game design describing the fairness or balance of power in a game.
- Media balance, the amount of political content in the mass media.
- Tire balance
- Balance (Urdu: Mizan or ميزان), a comprehensive treatise on Islam written by Javed Ahmed Ghamidi, a Pakistani Sunni Islamic scholar.
- Balance (film), a 1989 Academy Award-winning short animated film.
- Balance (networking), a popular piece of software for load balancing.
- Balance (puzzle), a puzzle resembling Sudoku.
- "Balance", a poem by Patti Smith from her book kodak.
- BALANCE Act (H.R. 1066), the Benefit Authors without Limiting Advancement or Net Consumer Expectations Act.
- Balance Bar, a popular nutritional energy bar.
imbalance in Danish: Balance
imbalance in German: Balance
imbalance in Spanish: Equilibrio
imbalance in French: Balance
imbalance in Icelandic: Jafnvægi
imbalance in Italian: Bilancia
imbalance in Hebrew: מאזניים
imbalance in Latin: Libra
imbalance in Dutch: Balans
imbalance in Japanese: バランス
imbalance in Portuguese: Libra
imbalance in Russian: Весы
imbalance in Simple English: Balance
anamorphism, anamorphosis, asymmetry, buckle, contortion, contrariety, crookedness, detorsion, deviation, difference, disequilibrium, disparity, disproportion, distortion, gnarl, heterogeneity, inadequacy, inequality, inequity, injustice, insufficiency, irregularity, knot, lopsidedness, nonuniformity, odds, overbalance, quirk, screw, shortcoming, torsion, tortuosity, turn, twist, unbalance, unevenness, unfair discrimination, unsymmetry, warp, wrench, wrest, wring